The 4th step of The Authentic, Empowered, Connected - 9 Step Personal Transformation Process is called – Become a Good Parent to Yourself –which is about learning to love and nurture yourself.
The truth is that without you in your life there is no life, without you in your business there is no business, so you are the most precious resource. When you take care of yourself you take care of the world. I know you might be shaking your head saying “When? I don’t have time for me. I’m so busy taking care of everybody else.” Let me ask you a question: If you have a garden and you are never there; you are busy working in other people’s gardens, what is happening with your garden? It dries and dies, right? If you have a garden and you spend time there watering and nurturing the plants is it true that you will have plenty of fruits and vegetables, much more than you need and you will share with your friends and neighbours? When our garden is taken care of, we have so much more abundance to give.
Convinced? I know you heard this before but are you actually applying it?
Take time now and make a list of all the things you find nurturing and give you joy, then do the things on the list when in need of nurturing.
Here are some ideas to love yourself more:
- Make a treasure box with nice things people say about you. Add also things that make you smile, photos and cards.
- Make a list of things you like about yourself and read it often.
- Make a list of your successes and have it handy for you to read when in doubt.
- Ask your good friends for a list of things they like about you.
- Have compassion for yourself when you make mistakes.
- Make it part of your daily routine to praise something about yourself, go over your daily accomplishments, acknowledge yourself for at least 3 things you did well that day.
- Do comforting and nurturing things for yourself –like bubble bath, favorite chair, warm blanket.
- Make yourself a CD with your favorite music.
- Buy yourself presents, write yourself cards, letters.
- Have a Vision Board.
- Have a Bucket List.
- Have a Goals List and monitor your progress.
- Invest in yourself taking courses, coaching – learning new things.
- Hire help for your home and for your business.
- Have a gratitude journal and write in it when you are happy.
Your Strategic Achievement Assignment:
What gives you joy and makes you feel nurtured? What ideas on the list you are actually doing now, which ones would you like to add? Do you have other nice things that you do for yourself?
Please comment below to share.
Love yourself a bit more every day!