To set goals you first have to ask yourself a few questions about your life and the level of satisfaction with various areas: health and fitness, career and finances, relationships, emotional and self nurturing, spirituality and contribution.
My strategy is to have only 3 goals for the next 3 months then revisit. For better visibility and accountability you will create Your Strategic Goals Table. This is a one page table for your top 3 goals. It includes the pain and pleasure to motivate you, the results you are planning to achieve and the action steps. I explain how to create this table in the Quickstart module - if you want access to the full content click here.
GOAL SETTING Guidelines
- Use your creativity instead of your logic.
- Focus only on WHAT, do not think or worry about HOW.
- Assume you have unlimited time and money.
- Use “I want to” or “I choose to” instead of “I need to” or “I should” (this is your heart’s desires not someone else’s).
- Go “towards” something rather than “away from” something
- Rephrase your wishes in a positive way, a way that will inspire you “regain my lovely figure” instead of “lose weight”
- Add something positive instead of taking away something you no longer desire.
- Ask for exactly what you want, you deserve it.
- Dare to dream big.
Watch the video for a more detailed explanation of those points.
Your Strategic Achievement Assignment:
Take a moment right now to assess on a scale 1 to 10 (10 being the highest) various areas of your life health and fitness, career and finaces, relationahips, emotional and self nurturing, spirituality and contribution. The identify the 3 areas with the lowest score and set a goal for each.
Share below your chalenges with goal setting and I will answer and support you.