Ideas for STRATEGIC SCHEDULING
- Analyze where your time is spent now. You cannot change what you don’t know so start by keeping a log for about 2 weeks to see where your time is spent.
- Decide what you want to see in your life. Imagine your ideal life, create a Vision Board, connect with your purpose and set long term and short term goals. This will indicate where your time should be spent. If you have a goal then you need to allocate some time to achieve it otherwise it will not work.
- Have designated days for important things. It is easier to be efficient when you focus on one, two things. If you designate a day for important activities then it’s easier to focus.
- Color code your activities. A fun way to see where your time is going is to assign colors to various activities. This is easily done if you schedule your time on-line with Outlook for example.
- Have a yearly calendar and put all the major events. Being able to look ahead at what your year looks like will give you great insight into how your major goals fit in the bigger picture.
- Every 3 months take a full day to plan the next 3 months. Planning saves time. Invest a day every 3 months to plan and you will get back way more than that and you will achieve what matters most to you.
- Plan your week. Planning your week before the week starts again gives you focus and gives you the ability to see what is really important for you that week to get you to the bigger goals.
- Be calm, be present, and focus only on the task in front of you. The biggest time waster is worrying that you don’t have enough time and jumping from one task to another. Learn to see when you start to freak out, stop, meditate (this will reset you) then come back to what is important.
Watch the video for a more detailed explanation of those points.
Your Strategic Achievement Assignment:
Take a moment right now to assess on a scale 1 to 10 (10 being the highest) what is your level of overwhelm. If your level is higher than 5 then apply some of the strategies above. Share below what you are struggling most when it comes to scheduling and having time for what is important.
If following your purpose is important to you and you would like step-by-step guidance on how to do Strategic Scheduling, Strategic Goal Setting, Strategic Vision Board Sign Up here and you access to theory, coaching exercises and Q&A calls.